What to Bring to Your Initial Consultation
The more information we have about your finances the better we will be able to advise you. Below is a list of items that we recommend we bring with you.
- A few of your most recent paystubs.
- If you receive unemployment compensation, then a statement showing your weekly benefits.
- If you receive social security, then we need to know your monthly benefit.
- A copy of your most recent tax return. (Ideally we would prefer you bring your two most recent).
- Any other type of income you receive from any other sources.
- A list or your monthly expenses for the following items:
- Property Taxes & Homeowner’s insurance (If not included in your mortgage payment)
- Gas & Electric
- Cable & Internet
- Home phone
- Cell phone
- Auto insurance
- Renter’s insurance
- Life insurance
- Car payments
- Medical Expenses
- Food, clothing, and other household items
- Secured Debt (boat, camper, furniture, appliances).
- A list of your total outstanding debt for the following items:
- Furniture, Appliances, Electronics
- Unsecured Debt (Credit cards, medical bills, personal loans, student loans, etc.).
- A list of your property and its value for the following items:
- Mortgage (usually can be found on your property tax statement).
- Household goods: furniture, appliances, electronics, silverware, dishes, etc. (Items do not need to be listed individually).
- Vehicles you own free and clear (including but not limited to: cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATV’s, camper.).
- Jewelry (Wedding rings, engagement ring, necklaces, watches, rings, bracelets, etc.)
- Antiques & collectible items
- Designer clothing, purses, handbags, etc.
- Bank Accounts (Indicate whether checking or savings & average balance)
- The provider and cash value of any whole life insurance policies.
- The cash value of any retirement accounts (401(k), IRA, 457, 403(b)), etc.
- Any other property of significant value not already listed.
At Buckrop & VanDeVelde our attorneys have over 40 years of experience! Our office is located in The Law Centre in downtown Rock Island, Illinois, just a short distance from both Iowa and Illinois federal courthouses. Our lawyers and professional staff proudly serve most clients throughout Western Illinois and Eastern Iowa. Contact us to arrange a free consultation with an experienced Rock Island bankruptcy attorney today.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.